..:: A4Ever::..
Hãy tham gia cúng chúng tôi
Hãy tham gia cúng chúng tôi
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Trang ChínhLatest imagesTìm kiếmĐăng kýĐăng Nhập
Top posters
BBNHI
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_vote_lcapFlu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_voting_barFlu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_vote_rcap 
Admin
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_vote_lcapFlu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_voting_barFlu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds I_vote_rcap 
natureboy
chaosofghosts
Ng.Minh
phương trang
Xuan Dung
Hangle
thanhtruc
thuvan
Latest topics
» hinh tui ne
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 am by BBNHI

» Fisher interviews for Rams' head-coaching job
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:50 am by anylove

» Designer Thing: Angels walk around the block runway on Victoria's Strategy Designer Reveal.
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm by snowlin42

» Factor Provocateur unveils latest rates lingerie choices gallery.
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 am by palmina

» Could you explain to your £2 corset lingerie through the £263 variation?
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 am by lujinyu

» Italy bond yields soar; euro zone troubles deepen
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 pm by yidiandiana

» U.S. Warns of Attack by Muslim Sect in Nigeria
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm by yidiandiana

» PM wins vote, Greece still faces uncertainty
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 pm by Magdalene

» your lady stances through the game titles mannequin son.
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 am by lucysu

Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
Affiliates
free forum

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ..:: A4Ever::.. on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ..:: A4Ever::.. on your social bookmarking website

Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
weishinia

Tổng số bài gửi : 1

Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds   Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Here's another health risk associated with carrying extra pounds: People who are obese get less protection from the annual flu shot, according to a study released Tuesday. But the authors said that people who are overweight or obese should get a seasonal flu shot anyway.
Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds 240255800-25110452
The study involved 461 patients who were vaccinated in 2009 at a wholesale jerseys clinic in Chapel Hill, N.C. By several measures, the vaccine appeared to wear off faster in people who were overweight or obese than it did in people of healthy weight.

For instance, 11 months after getting a flu shot, the level of flu antibodies atlanta braves jerseys in the blood had dropped by a factor of four in 25% of the healthy-weight subjects. But among obese subjects, 50% saw the same drop.

In another test, researchers tested the flu-fighting ability of subjects' immune systems 11 months after getting a flu shot. They took samples of the subjects' blood and exposed them to a flu virus, which should prompt the immune system to produce a protein called interferon-gamma.cheap mlb jerseys And it did, in 75% of the healthy-weight subjects. But only 25% of obese patients' blood samples made the protein.

Study leader Melinda A. Beck, a professor at the University of Northjerseys wholesale Carolina at Chapel Hill who studies how nutrition affects people's susceptibility to infectious diseases like the flu, said everyone should still get flu shots because some protection is better than none.

"We absolutely recommend flu shots for everyone, including cheap jerseys overweight and obese,’’ Beck said in an email.

She said researchers don’t have enough data to know why the vaccine appears to wear off faster in people who are obese. Perhaps the increased amounts of leptin (a hormone secreted by fat cells that helps regulate appetite) interfere with the function of immune cells, she said.

The study, published in the International Journal of Obesity, isn't the first sign that flu is more dangerous in people with a high body mass index. During the H1N1 flu pandemic in 2009, obese people were more likely to contract the flu strain and die from the illness.
http://tearof.forumotion.com/t43-topic
Beck said the new study could lead to development of a flu vaccine specially designed for obese people. One possibility, she said, is that obese people may require a higher dose of the vaccine, similar to the higher doses now offered to elderly patients.
Về Đầu Trang Go down

Flu shots less effective in people who are obese, study finds
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
..:: A4Ever::.. :: BQT Diển đàn A4Ever :: Thông báo của BQT-
Chuyển đến